Directorate of Extension Education
The Directorate of Extension Education of Veterinary Faculty was started in the year 1978 at Khanapara campus and looking after the over all Animal Husbandry and Veterinary extension activities of Assam Agricultural University. This Directorate is undertaking the responsibilities of Human resource development through skill up gradation training programme, frontline demonstration on livestock production technology. The Directorate also organized seminar, workshop, exhibition and involved in various transfer of technology programmes of Animal husbandry Sector for the upliftment of the socio-economic condition of the rural mass.
Keeping the view, the mandate of the Assam Agricultural University, as per act, emphasis is being given to impart refresher training to the technical personals of the State Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary, Dairy Development including state department of Fisheries officers to offer latest information on livestock production technology and to improve management and communication skill of the field workers. The Directorate also shouldering the responsibilities of giving training and technical guidance to the educated un-employed youth, farmers including farm woman of the state to impart knowledge and skill in the field of improved livestock farming as a means of generating income for their livelihoods. Efforts are also being made to sustain these activities through farm advisory services on farm demonstration, farmers fair etc. organized periodically by this Directorate regularly. The Directorate has added responsibility to help the research workers by providing research information materials from the Lab to Land through various recommended extension methods, channels and agencies in a co-ordinate manner.
Human resource development for effective implementation of Transfer of technology in Animal Husbandry enterprise and allied sector.
To developed knowledge, skill and managerial aspect of extension functionaries and develop capacity of the rural mass in certain economic activities in Animal Husbandry sector and there by showing avenue for income generation through self employment in sustainable manner for boosting rural economy.
- 1. To disseminate the latest information on Animal Husbandry practices based on various research findings to farming community and to solve the problems of the farmers.
- 2. To conduct training and demonstration on scientific management of livestock and poultry production for the benefit of the extension workers, progressive farmers, educated un-employed youth and rural masses.
- 3. The establish linkage between extension and research workers with the field functionaries.
- 4. To co-ordinate various activities of the university with other developmental departments for increasing livestock and poultry production in the state.
- 5. To create awareness in the farming community about the benefit of the modern methods of livestock and poultry farming for increased productivity through various extension bulletin, leaflets and booklets etc.
For more information please Click here
Livestock Rearing Advisory(Part-1)
Livestock Rearing Advisory(Part-2)
Livestock Rearing Advisory(Part-3)
Dr. A. Borgohain(01/09/2018 onwards)
Associate Director of Extension Education